top of page
View F.jpg
  • How do I connect to water?
    The tiny home comes with a standard hose connection point - just like a traditional caravan. All our tiny homes come standard with gutters and downpipes; however, they are not installed until you are onsite as the tiny home would not be compliant with size restrictions for travelling according to VSB1 regulations. You will need a plumber when you are onsite to install these for you.
  • How do I connect to electricity?
    Information to come
  • Why don't we use gas appliances?
    We are very safety conscious. Our concern with gas is the danger of escaping methane into the tiny home. We also feel that having one source of power is more efficient and economical.
  • Is your factory open to Tiny Homes visitors?
    Site visits are possible Monday to Friday by appointment only.
  • Why choose a tiny home?
    Tiny home living is an affordable option to owning your own home. It is sustainable and puts less pressure on our environment.
  • Can I tow my tiny home?
    The short answer is most probably not - unless you have an appropriate vehicle and are experienced with towing very large, heavy and awkward loads. Our tiny homes are rated to 4.5 tonnes which is well above the towing limit of most Australian vehicles. A third-party towing company is the best solution.
  • Are your tiny homes compliant and roadworthy?
    Yes. We purchase the best road compliant trailers available in line with VSB1, rated specifically for tiny home builds up to 4.5 tonnes. The tiny home is properly tied down to the trailer with stud and floor joist tie downs, making the tiny home very sturdy. The trailer comes fully equipped with a manual brake, an electric braking system and emergency brake away system. The trailer and the tiny home have outline marker lights and reflectors in accordance with VSB1. We purchase our trailers from Fred's Tiny Trailers: The tiny home is built by registered builders and as much as is possible (for a tiny home) has been constructed in line with the NCC to be compliant and safe. We build our tiny homes in accordance with the VSB1 so they can be registered as caravans. The trailer has a VIN number and is registered.
  • Can I connect to sewage?
    Our tiny homes come standard with a flushing toilet. It is your responsibility to obtain appropriate council permits to connect to sewage or a septic tank and to engage a qualified plumber to connect this system up for you.
  • Do you build tiny homes that are not on wheels?
    Currently we are very excited to be building tiny homes on wheels (THOW) - this is an exciting and affordable option for so many people looking to own their own home. A tiny home that is not on wheels is classified as a fixed dwelling - this requires council approval & permits and becomes less affordable and time consuming (and you no longer have the opportunity to move your home easily at a later date).
  • Do I need council approval to park my tiny home?
    We comply with VSB1 regulations, and our trailers have a VIN and Victorian registration as a road vehicle - or caravan. Most councils will allow a caravan to be parked on a private property, but they can limit the amount of time one can be permanently lived in - but all councils are different and have different policies. It is strongly advised that you contact your council for current regulations.
  • Are your tiny homes insulated?
    Yes - we take great care to provide you with a comfortable living environment with fully insulted floor, walls and ceiling.
  • What size is the tiny home?
    Our current model, The Yarrambat, is built to comply with VicRoads and VSB1 regulations and therefore does not exceed 2.5m wide and 4.3m high. The Yarrambat is built on a 7.8m long trailer - well within the length restrictions of Victorian regulations.
bottom of page